Dear JMS Parents,
Thank you for your patience, support, and grace as we have begun to tackle this school year. It is only with your help that we have been able to make both virtual and in-person learning possible. You are appreciated more than you may know.
We wanted to touch base with you on a few items:
- JMS will conduct a screening exam called MAP (Measure of Academic Performance) in reading, language, math, and science during the week of September 21. For all virtual students, the testing will be conducted at home on their Chromebook. All students are required to take the screener.
- The ADE requires that parents fill out the security form linked below in order for students to test from home. Please fill out the linked form and submit it electronically, even if your scholar is a face-to-face student, so that we are covered in case we need to provide 100% virtual instruction again.
- Your scholar will receive more information at school this week.
- The screening exam is not optional and will help us to determine areas to focus on to help prepare scholars for the ACT Aspire in the spring.
- CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT THE SECURITY FORM AND SUBMIT BACK TO US
- The district is offering Digital Learning Classes one night a month for all parents, grades K - 12. This is a 90 minute program that will work with parents on the basics of all the tools that are used in the digital classroom. The first meeting will be held at Warren Dupree on Tuesday, September 15 from 5:30 - 7:00 pm. If you would like to learn more about the digital classroom world, put this event on your calendar.
- As always, parents are encouraged to like or join the Jacksonville Middle School Facebook page, as well as the Jacksonville North Pulaski School District page. There is a lot of good information posted there!