JNPSD School Community:
Please continue to check JNP social media, email, text messages, phone messages, and local media outlets for school district announcements. Updates will be provided to our community over the summer as planning continues for the next school year.
1. The Arkansas Department of Education released the Arkansas Ready for Learning initiative today. This state guidance will assist school districts in planning for school opening in the fall. As new guidance and directives are issued by the Arkansas Department of Health, some information may change concerning school reentry.
2. Virtual School Intent Survey: From our last general survey, many parents expressed interest in a JNP virtual school option if it was offered in the fall as an alternative. This survey will identify the scholars and parents in order to plan for this possibility. If parents are not interested in this option, then do not complete the survey. Completing the survey does not necessarily obligate parents to the virtual school option. School staff plan to follow up with the specific parents who ask for this option. This survey will close on June 14.
3. Some athletic programs will begin modified workouts and other activities on June 8. The athletic department statement is attached to this update.
4. The JNP summer meal service daily schedule is listed below:
10:20 am – 10:40 am Bayou Meto Baptist Church & Mount Pisgah Baptist Church
10:50 am – 11:10 am Max Howell & Chapel Ridge Apts
11:20 am – 11:40 am Lakeside Estates & Galloway Park
11:50 am – 12:10 pm Willow Bend & Timberwood Apts
12:20 pm – 12:40 pm Connections Church & Poplar St Apts
8:30 am – 9:00 am Jacksonville Boys and Girls Club
11:30 am – 12:15 pm Jacksonville Boys and Girls Club
5. Please check updates from the following state websites for current information from the Governor’s Office, Arkansas Department of Health, Arkansas Department of Education, and other state agencies:
Thank you for your support and understanding.
Bryan Duffie. Ed.D. Superintendent